Your Bluetooth® wired recorder can hold up to 4 compatible Night Owl Wi-Fi devices. Our compatible Wi-Fi IP cameras can be easily moved as your viewing needs change. They simply need to be plugged into a power source and then paired to your wired recorder, which is easily done. Our 1080p Smart Video Doorbell is also compatible with your wired recorder and can help round out your coverage.
See the support page for your Bluetooth® wired recorder to check for compatible devices.
IMPORTANT: To add a Wi-Fi IP camera or Smart Video Doorbell to your Bluetooth® wired recorder both devices MUST be connected to the same Internet (Local Area Network).
To add a Wi-Fi IP Camera or Smart Video Doorbell, follow these simple steps:
- Power on your new Wi-Fi IP device using the provided power adapter. Once paired, you can install the device in the desired location.
- Log in to the Night Owl Protect App from your Smart Device.
- Tap on “Devices” icon within the App.
- Next, tap on the “+” icon.
- The app will search for the Wi-Fi device. Once it is discovered, tap on the Wi-Fi device.
NOTE: As previously mentioned, please ensure both your Wi-Fi IP device and recorder are connected to the same Internet (Local Area Network).
- ANDROID ONLY - You will be asked to disable your Smart Device’s mobile data while the app connects to the Wi-Fi device. Please exit the app and temporarily disable the data. You may turn it back on once the camera is connected. Once disabled, return to the app and tap on “Next.”
- You will now be asked if your Wi-Fi device’s status light is flashing. A flashing status light indicates the camera is in pairing mode. If flashing, tap “Yes, it is flashing.”
- If the status light is not flashing, tapping “No, It Is Not Flashing” will take you to this screen. Simply tap “How to Set the Camera in Pairing Mode.”
- Please connect the camera using the temporary NOIP network, then connect it to your Internet (Local Area Network).
NOTE: The Wi-Fi IP device must be connected to the same Internet (Local Area Network) your recorder is connected to, in order to add the Wi-Fi device to the recorder.
- Your Wi-Fi device will now connect.
- Once connected, you will hear “WooHoo! Setup is complete!” You will then be asked if you would like to add your new Wi-Fi device to your recorder. Tap “Add Camera to My Recorder.”
- Once added, please take a moment to name your new Wi-Fi device. Then tap on “Live View.”
- You can now begin viewing your new Wi-Fi device. On the Device page for your recorder, you will see this new device as an added camera.
Thank you for Choosing Night Owl!