|The preferred method for upgrading your recorder’s firmware is connecting the recorder to the Internet (via Ethernet cable) and performing a firmware update using the network. Your recorder’s firmware MUST be up to date to receive live technical support.|
New firmware is released to help resolve issues or provide enhanced features to your recorder. While the exact steps may vary slightly depending on your model #, below we will walk you through the process of manually updating your recorder’s firmware.
- Click the download link in the Update Firmware box at the top of your product’s support page.
- Insert a USB Flash Drive into an available USB port on your PC or Mac.
NOTE: The USB Flash Drive must be formatted to FAT32. Refer to the manual on your product’s support page for more information on formatting the USB Flash Drive.
- Use your mouse to click and drag the firmware file you just downloaded to your formatted USB Flash Drive.
- Now that you have the new firmware on your USB Flash Drive, remove it from your PC/Mac.
- Ensure your recorder is powered on and you can see a live image on your TV/monitor.
- Insert the USB Flash Drive into an available USB port on the front or rear of your recorder.
- Log in to the recorder with your username.
NOTE: You may be required to enter your login credentials.
- Right-click on the mouse to pull up the Main Menu.
- Access the Firmware Upgrade menu.
NOTE: The exact location (typically in the Maintain, Advanced or About menu) and title of this menu will vary depending on your model number. If you have any trouble finding it, please reference your manual which is located on your product’s support page. The manual provides an image and detailed information about the Firmware Upgrade menu.
- From the Firmware Upgrade menu, choose Manual Upgrade or Upgrade from USB.
- Choose the location for the recorder to access the new firmware and click “Submit” or “Upgrade.”
- Your recorder begins updating the firmware. A progress bar appears on screen and shows the status of the update.
- Once the update has completed, your recorder automatically reboots.
NOTE: DO NOT disconnect the power or turn off the recorder during the upgrade process or you may cause irreparable damage.
- You can now remove the USB Flash Drive from the recorder.
Thank you for choosing Night Owl!