Don’t remember the password for your Night Owl Protect device? Follow the simple instructions below to quickly and securely reset your device password without having to contact support.
Option 1 – Reset Your Password from the App
NOTE: Ensure the DVR / NVR is powered on and connected to the Internet so it can receive the new password once you change it.
If you forgot your device password and are logged into the DVR / NVR with your Night Owl Protect account credentials, you can easily reset your password from the app. To do so:
- Open the Night Owl Protect App on your Smart Device.
- Tap "Forgot your password?" on the Sign In screen.
- Retrieve the temporary code sent to the email address registered to your Night Owl Protect Account.
- Enter the temporary code.
- Create a new password and verify it.
- Tap “Save Password.”
- You can now log into your DVR / NVR with the updated password.
Watch the Short Video Tutorial Below
Option 2 – Reset Your Password Using Our Secure Web Portal
If you do NOT have your DVR / NVR connected to the Internet and do NOT wish to use the app, you can use our secure password reset portal. To do so:
- Click "Forgot password" on the DVR / NVR Login screen.
- Go to www.no-protect.com
- Create an account or log in.
- Register your device if you have not already done so.
- Click on “View Details.”
- On the Device Details page, click on “Reset Code.”
- Follow the provided instructions to reset your password.
Thank you for choosing Night Owl!