*Images may vary
Thank you for choosing Night Owl Security Products!
By purchasing a Night Owl product, you receive a one (1) year warranty covering manufacturing defects in material and workmanship. In addition to warranty and technical support benefits, you will have access to our multitude of free instructional “How to Videos”. You can also view our instructional videos by clicking the “How to Videos” tab within your product’s page on our website.
Night Owl’s Panoramic Camera Compatibility:
- Hybrid Series DVR’s (HC20X Series);
- Wireless NVR’s (WNVRC20 Series)
Please see the warranty section of this manual for exclusions and additional details. Not all features and capabilities are shared across all models so you may see features which are not applicable. In addition you may see screen images that do not exactly match those on your display.
THIS MANUAL WAS ACCURATE AT THE TIME IT WAS COMPLETED. DUE TO OUR ONGOING EFFORT TO CONSTANTLY IMPROVE OUR PRODUCTS, FUNCTIONS MAY HAVE BEEN ADDED OR CHANGED.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- USE THE PROVIDED POWER ADAPTER.
- Do not use this product with a power source that applies more than the specified voltage.
- NEVER INSERT METAL INTO THE DVR CASE OR ITS OPENINGS.
- Inserting metal into the DVR case may cause electric shock.
- DO NOT OPERATE IN WET OR DUSTY AREAS.
- Avoid placing the DVR in areas such as a damp basement or dusty attic.
- DO NOT EXPOSE THE DVR TO RAIN OR USE NEAR WATER.
- If the DVR accidentally gets wet, unplug it and contact technical support immediately.
- KEEP PRODUCT SURFACES CLEAN AND DRY.
- To clean the outside case of the DVR, use a lightly dampened cloth. Do not use cleaning solutions or solvents.
- DO NOT INSTALL NEAR ANY HEAT SOURCES.
- Do not install the DVR near any heat sources such as stoves, heat registers, radiators or electronics (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
- UNPLUG THE DVR WHEN MOVING IT.
- Make sure that the DVR is unplugged before you move it. When moving this device, be sure to handle it with care.
- MAKE SURE THERE IS GOOD AIR CIRCULATION AROUND THE DVR.
- This DVR uses an internal hard drive, which generates heat during operation for video storage. Do not block vents on the DVR, as these vents reduce the generated heat while the system is running. Place this product in well-ventilated area.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE TOP COVER.
- If you observe any abnormal operation, unplug the DVR immediately and contact technical support. Do not attempt to open the DVR to diagnose the cause of the problem.
- HANDLE THE DVR CAREFULLY.
- If you drop the DVR on any hard surface, it may damage the device. If the DVR doesn’t work properly due to physical damage, contact an authorized dealer for repair.
- IT IS RECOMMENDED TO USE YOUR DVR WITH AN UNINTERRUPTIBLE POWER SUPPLY (UPS).
- Connecting your DVR and cameras to a UPS allows continuous operation even during power outages. The run-time duration will depend on the rating of the UPS used.
You may be subjected to severe electrical shock if you remove the cover of the DVR.
2.1 Camera Requirements
Please be sure that your mobile device complies with the following specifications:
- Android™: 4 and above
- iOS®: 9 and above
THIS MANUAL WAS ACCURATE AT THE TIME IT WAS COMPLETED. DUE TO OUR ONGOING EFFORT TO CONSTANTLY IMPROVE OUR PRODUCTS, SPECIFICATIONS MAY HAVE BEEN ADDED OR CHANGED.
NOTE: For best results, use the included Night Owl accessories. Third party accessories may not work properly.
3.1 Status Light
3.2 Audio Prompt
|Audio Condition||Audio Prompt|
After the camera boots up
|Device is ready to use.|
Camera starts without previous Wi-Fi connection
|Camera is in pairing mode.|
Reset button pressed and held for more than 3
|Please be patient. Camera is resetting.|
Camera received Wi-Fi credentials from App
|Please be patient as camera connects to Wi-Fi|
Camera received incorrect Wi-Fi credentials
Camera has failed to reconnect! Repeat the setup process.
Camera paired successfully.
|Woohoo! Setup is now complete.|
The camera is checking for a firmware upgrade
|Please be patient. We are updating your cameras
Camera failed to upgrade the firmware
Oops, device firmware upgrade failed. Try again later!
Firmware upgrade is successful
Woohoo! Firmware upgrade is complete.
Camera is currently running the latest
Thanks for checking, but my firmware is up to date.
4.1 Night Owl Connect Setup
1. Download and Install Application
Download the appropriate App from the App Store or Google Play Store and install the application on your device.
2 Create an account using an email address for the username and a password between 6–20 characters.
3 After completing the account setup and verification process, sign into the app and tap the "+" symbol to add a device.
4.1.1 Adding the Camera to Night Owl Connect
4.2 Night Owl Connect
4.2.1 Night Owl Connect Tutorial
After logging into the App, you are shown tutorials on key features.
The first tutorial teaches you how to zoom in and out of the screen by pinching.
The second tutorial teaches you how to switch to and from the spherical and panoramic view modes.
4.3 Live View
4.3.1 Portrait Mode
4.3.2 Landascape Mode
1. Sound: Enables one-way Audio allowing the user to hear sound near the camera. Once Audio is activated, a TALK button appears on the screen. Tap the “Talk” button to speak through the camera. Release to listen (similar to a Walkie Talkie).
2. View Mode Button: Switches the view mode to Spherical or Panoramic view.
4.3.3 Landscape Mode
- The camera is in Spherical Mode in the Night Owl Connect App.
- The camera is angled and not parallel with the field of view.
When these conditions are met, the camera auto corrects by adjusting and straightening the camera view (as shown above).
4.4 Camera Setting
CHAPTER 5: WARRANTY
NIGHT OWL, LLC (‘Night Owl”) provides the following warranty to the original retail purchaser only (the “Purchaser”) with respect to this product (the “Product”):
For a period of one (1) year after the date of sale, the Product shall be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship. In the event that the Product is defective, the Purchaser must return the Product at Purchaser’s cost (no CODs) to the address below, with the original proof of purchase receipt. In its sole discretion, Night Owl will either repair or replace the Product at no additional cost to the Purchaser. Any replacement Product (or parts) will be covered by the same warranty as the original Product through the expiration date of the original warranty period.
This warranty does not apply to the following parts or upon the following events:
- Bulbs, LEDS and batteries;
- The Product was not used or installed in the manner described in the installation instructions;
- Negligent use of the Product or misuse or abuse of the Product;
- Electrical short circuits or power surges;
- Use of replacement parts not supplied by Night Owl;
- Product is either tampered with, modified or repaired by another service provider;
- Product has not been maintained in accordance;
- Accident, fire, flood or other acts of God;
- Failure to use Night Owl approved accessories;
- Defects or damages arising by use of the Product in other than normal conditions (including normal atmospheric, moisture and humidity conditions).