QUICK SETUP GUIDE
*Images may vary
What’s in the Box
DISCLAIMER: The exact components of your system, images, and quantities may vary depending on your model number. While these may vary, this QSG will address the setup of your DVR and cameras.
(Items not Included)
NOTE: For best results, use all the included Night Owl accessories. Third-party accessories may not work properly. A monitor is required for initial setup.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
During the Startup Wizard, you will be prompted to adjust the motion detection area of each installed camera. So, you will want to have the cameras installed in their final location by then. Please make sure you have mounted the cameras at least 7 ft. above the ground and have them angled slightly down. The motion sensor works best for ‘side to side’ movement across the camera’s field of view as opposed to movement directly to or away from the camera.
Mounting Guide for Your Intelligent Cameras
Your cameras, when properly placed, use Human Detection and Facial Capture with Recognition to reduce false alerts. The technology is fantastic, but it does require meeting certain conditions to get the best results. When mounting your cameras, keep the following tips in mind.
Facial Capture with Recognition
- Angle the camera so it points in the direct line of sight to a person’s face.
- The person needs to look directly into the camera.
- Detection occurs when a person is within a 60° field of view.
- Lighting needs to be optimal, meaning the face needs to have good light around it.
- To be recognized, a person needs to be standing still or walking at a normal pace. If the person is running or walking fast, recognition is not guaranteed.
- The cameras detect a human up to 40 ft. away.
- Detection occurs when a person is within a 90° field of view.
For Your Information
- Changes in lighting and environmental conditions may cause false alerts.
- Changes in a person’s look (glasses, hats, beards, etc.) may affect the recognition process.
- The corners of the camera’s field of view may not be as accurate.
Connecting Your System
Booting Up for the First Time
When you power on the NVR you will be prompted with the following screen. Please follow the instructions to complete the Startup Wizard.
Using Night Owl Connect