- DVR is not detecting motion.
- DVR motion detection sensitivity setup
- DVR motion detection area setup
If your system is having problems detecting motion, it is most likely due to a configuration problem. Some DVRs have the option to disable the motion detection for specifics channels. Also, the motion detection sensitivity and motion detection area can affect the motion detection feature in your DVR and the recording of this motion event.
Note: By default, the DVR is set up to detect motion with the highest sensitivity in all the areas the camera can view. If one of these parameters is changed, you may experiment a motion detection problem.
1. Make sure you are having a motion detection problem. After a motion event occurs, check that the motion icon is activated on the channel screen.
2. If so, please check the motion detection sensibility and detection area setup. If the motion detection sensitivity is too slow, or some areas of the camera’s field of view have been deactivated to detect motion, the DVR can miss some motion event that you would like to detect and record. To check these two parameters, please follow the steps:
2.1 For C80XFR Series DVR:
• Right-click anywhere on the screen and the quick launch bar will appear at the bottom of the screen.
• Click on Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step)
• Click on Cameras Tab
• Select Settings-Tab, and click on the Advanced button.
• On this screen, you will be able to set up the Motion sensitivity and Motion Detection Area.
- Sensitivity: Adjust the level of motion detection. A lower setting will require more movement
in the camera range to begin recording (Highest by Default).
- Area: Clicking Set will allow you to configure areas which will and will not detect motion. Red boxes denote areas that will detect motion and uncolored boxes show areas that will not.