- System is not recording
- Playbacks cannot be found
- HDD not detected
- HDD not formatted
- HDD overwrite configuration
- NVR Noise
Note: NVR recordings are saved in the Hard Drive of your NVR, so if you are having problems with the HDD you also will have problems with recordings.
1. Pre-Installed HDD
Verify, in your system specifications, if your NVR has a pre-installed Hard Drive. Some models are sold with no Hard Drive installed and customers must install it. If you need help to install the HDD, please,
follow this link [Installing or Upgrading the HDD]
2. Check HDD Status
Note: A loud grinding sound coming from inside of your NVR can be a symptom that the HDD, in your NVR, is not working properly.
To check this, please, follow the next steps:
• Go to NVR Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step)
• Click on Device Tab
• On this screen you will be able to see:
If Hard Drive has been detected (Should appears on the list)
Hard Drive Status (Should be on status Ok)
Hard Drive Free/Total Capacity
• If Hard Drive is not detected, please, make sure you are using the provided NVR Power Adapter/Cable. If after this test, the HDD is still not detected, please Contact our Technical Support Team since the HDD on your NVR is not working properly.
• If the HDD status is different to “OK”, please try to format it by selecting the Hard Drive in the device list and clicking on Format HDD.
Note: Please, consider that by formatting your HDD, all the recordings will be erased and cannot be retrieved.
• If after formatting, the HDD Status is not “OK” (Unformatted or Bad) you should contact our Customer Support since the HDD on your NVR is not working properly.
Also, on this screen (left bottom) you need to check if Overwrite option is on “Auto” (default option), so even when your Hard Drive is full, your NVR keeps recording by deleting oldest records. You can choose OFF this option (Note: If this option is OFF, the NVR will stop recording when the HDD is full) or select how many days ago you want your NVR to overwrite the old recordings.