- Checking for Firmware
- Motor Rotor Check
- Opening the Safe with the Access Code
Checking for Firmware
Every time you change the batteries in the Safe, the Safe will check for new Firmware.
Note: The Safe must be connected to the Night Owl Safe App to perform a Firmware check.
- If the Safe has the latest firmware: The BLUE LED light links slowly twice and no other LED's light up.
- If there is a new firmware available:
- The BLUE LED light blinks slowly twice and within a minute, the BLUE and RED LED's turn solid for 3 seconds
- The BLUE LED light blinks slowly twice, then blinks rapidly for a few seconds and within a minute the YELLOW and RED LED's turn solid for 3 seconds.
Safe Motor Rotor Check
When the Safe powers on after installing the batteries, the BLUE LED light blinks slowly twice, the motor spins and performs a self-check to ensure the Motor Rotor works properly. If the Motor Rotor works properly, all of the LED's remain OFF.
After installing the batteries, ALL LED's turn ON for 3 seconds. If after 3 seconds only the RED LED remains ON, the Motor Rotor did not work correctly.
Troubleshooting the Motor Rotor
- Replace the batteries with new AA batteries to test the Motor Rotor.
- If the problem still persists after replacing the batteries, remove the batteries and wait 15 seconds before reinstalling the batteries to test the Motor Rotor.
- If the issue still exists after repeating this process, please contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance.
Opening the Safe with the Access Code
Note: If the batteries voltage gets too low, the Motor Rotor can get stuck and the Access Code might not open the Safe. The Safe can still be opened using the key.
- When entering the Access Code, a YELLOW LED turns ON as you press each key.
- Entering the correct Access Code turns the YELLOW LED OFF and opens the Safe.
- Entering the wrong Access Code turns the RED LED on, and the Safe beeps continuously for 3 seconds.
- After 5 unsuccessful attempts, the Safe locks the keypad for 1 hour.
- When the keypad is locked, you must use the key to open the Safe.