Thank you for choosing Night Owl Security Products!
By purchasing a Night Owl product, you receive a one (1) year warranty covering manufacturing defects in material and workmanship. In addition to warranty and technical support benefits, you will have access to our multitude of free instructional “How to Videos”. You can also view our instructional videos by clicking the “How to Videos” tab within your product’s page on our website.
|Register at www.NightOwlSP.com|
Please see the warranty section of this manual for exclusions and additional details. Not all features and capabilities are shared across all models so you may see features which are not applicable. In addition you may see screen images that do not exactly match those on your display.
Use a QR Code scanner on your Smart Device to scan the QR Code. Scan the QR code above to access the Quick Setup Guide for assistance in configuring Night Owl Smart Safe.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CHAPTER 1: FCC WARNINGS
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC Compliance Statement
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against frequency interference in residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and if not installed or used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communication. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on. The user is encouraged to try and correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and the receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
CHAPTER 2: Safety Instructions
- THE WORKING TEMPERATURE OF THE DEVICE IS FROM 0 °F TO 122 °F.
- KEEP PRODUCT SURFACES CLEAN AND DRY. TO CLEAN THE OUTSIDE OF THE SAFE, USE A LIGHTLY DAMPENED CLOTH. DO NOT USE CLEANING SOLUTIONS OR SOLVENTS.
- NEVER INSERT METAL INTO THE SAFE'S CASE OR ITS OPENINGS. INSERTING METAL INTO THE SAFE'S CASE MAY CAUSE ELECTRIC SHOCK.
- DO NOT OPERATE IN WET OR DUSTY AREAS. AVOID PLACING THE SAFE IN AREAS SUCH AS A DAMP BASEMENT OR DUSTY ATTIC.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A STRONG WI-FI CONNECTION IN THE LOCATION WHERE YOU PLAN TO INSTALL THE DEVICE.
- DO NOT EXPOSE THE SAFE TO RAIN OR USE NEAR WATER. IF THE SAFE GETS WET, REMOVE THE BATTERIES AND CONTACT TECHNICAL SUPPORT IMMEDIATELY.
- DO NOT INSTAL THE SAFE NEAR ANY HEAT SOURCES SUCH AS STOVES, HEAT REGISTERS, RADIATORS OR ELECTRONICS (INCLUDING AMPLIFIERS) THAT PRODUCE HEAT.
- ALL ELECTRONIC OPERATION SHOULD BE IN STRICT COMPLIANCE WITH THE ELECTRICAL SAFETY REGULATIONS, FIRE PREVENTION REGULATIONS AND OTHER RELATED REGULATIONS IN YOUR LOCAL REGION.
- WHEN MOUNTING THE SAFE, MAKE SURE IT IS FIRMLY FIXED TO THE SURFACE.
- IF SMOKE, ODORS OR NOISE RISE FROM THE DEVICE, TURN OFF THE POWER AT ONCE BY REMOVING THE BATTERY PACK.
- NEVER ATTEMPT TO DISASSEMBLE THE DEVICE YOURSELF. (WE SHALL NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROBLEMS CAUSED BY UNAUTHORIZED REPAIR OR MAINTENANCE.)
- DO NOT DROP THE DEVICE OR SUBJECT IT TO PHYSICAL SHOCK, AND DO NOT EXPOSE IT TO HIGH ELECTROMAGNETISM RADIATION. AVOID INSTALLING ON A VIBRATING SURFACE OR PLACES SUBJECT TO SHOCK (IGNORANCE CAN CAUSE EQUIPMENT DAMAGE.)
CHAPTER 3: Specifications
3.1 System Requirements
Please be sure that your mobile device complies with the following specifications:
- Android™: 6 and above
- iOS®: 10 and above
3.2 Package Contents
|A. 1x Smart Safe (Model#: CS-04WFB)||D. 4x Batteries|
|B. 2x Smart Safe Keys||E. 2x Mounting Hardware|
|C. 1x Battery Cartridge|
CHAPTER 4: Getting Started
4.1 About Your Smart Safe
|A. 4 x Access Code Button: Press and release to enter the Access Code.|
|B. Warning / Messag LED: Warning and Message status light.|
|C. Setup LED: Setup status light.|
|D. Battery / Error LED: Battery and Error Status light.|
|E. Reset Digital Access Code: Press to create or change the Access Code.|
|F. Reset Wi-Fi Button: Press to reset the Wi-Fi connection.|
4.2 Status Light Key
4.3 Beep Key
CHAPTER 5: Smart Safe Setup
|1. Open the Safe with the provided key.|
|2. Turn the key clockwise to unlock and lift the lid.|
3. Remove the battery cover and install the included batteries. Replace the battery cover when done.
CHAPTER 6: Programming The Access Code
|1. Once opened, locate the "Reset Access Code" button inside of the Safe.|
|2. A Press and hold the "Reset Access Code" button inside of the Safe for 5 seconds to set the Digital Access Code. B The "Setup" LED on the Safe then turns blue, blinks rapidly, and beeps twice. C While the LED is blinking, enter a 4-digit access code using the keypad on the Safe (can be any 4-digit combination).|
3. Close the Safe and enter your 4-Digit Access Code (you will hear a beep for every key pressed.) Once you enter the correct 4-Digit Access Code, the Safe will open. If you enter an incorrect 4-Digit Access Code, the Safe will not open without the use of the Safe Key.
CHAPTER 7: Meet Night Owl Safe
|1. Download the Night Owl Safe Application from the "App Store" for for iOS® devices or “Play Store” for Android™ devices.|
2. Create a new account or login if you already have an existing account.
3. After completing the account setup and verification process, sign into the app and tap the + symbol to add your Safe to the app.
4. The Night Owl Safe App will guide you through the rest of the setup process.
CHAPTER 8: Bolting Down Your Safe
1. Select a suitable location for your Night Owl Safe.
2. Use a pointed object to locate the holes.
3. Set the Safe in place and mark the location of the holes on the mounting surface.
4. Move the Safe out of the way as you drill the marked holes in the mounting surface.
5. Drill the holes in the mounting surface and install the anchors as needed.
6. Place the Safe over the holes and secure it with the included screws.
CHAPTER 9: Obtaining A Replacement Key
When contacting Technical Support, you should be prepared to provide important information that specifically identifies your Safe. This information is extremely important to assuring prompt and accurate customer assistance.
Night Owl recommends you identify and record the following information:
- MODEL NUMBER
- SERIAL NUMBER (S/N)
- KEY NUMBER
9.1 Locating Model and Serial Number
The model and serial number are located on the label on the back of your Safe.
9.2 Locating Key Number
The Key Number is necessary to identify the specific configuration of the key and lock cylinder components of your Safe. If a key becomes damaged or misplaced, the Key Number is required to order a replacement key.
CHAPTER 10: Warranty
NIGHT OWL, LLC ("Night Owl") provides the following warranty to the original retail purchaser only (the "Purchaser") with respect to this product (the "Product"):
For a period of one (1) year after th date of sale, the Product shall be free from manufacturing defects in material and workmanship. In the event that the Product is defective, the Purchaser must return the Product at Purchaser's cost (no CODs) to the address belwo, with the original proof of purchase receipt. In its sole discretion, Night Owl will either repair or replace the Product at no additional cost to the Purchaser. Any replacement Product (or parts) will be covered by the same warranty as the original Product through the expiration date of the original warranty period.
This warranty does not apply to the following parts or upon the following events:
- Bulbs, LEDs and batteries;
- The Product was not used or installed in the manner described in the installation instrucitons;
- Negligent use of the Product or misuse or abuse of the Product;
- Electrical short circuits or power surges;
- Use of repalcement parts not supplied by Night Owl;
- Product is either tampered with, modified or repaired by another service provider;
- Product has not been maintained in accordance;
- Accident, fire, flood or other acts of God;
- Failure to use Night Owl approved accessories;
- Defects or damages arising by use of the Product in other than normal conditions (including normal atmospheric, moisture and humidity conditions).
Except as otherwise prohibited by law, this warranty is in lieu of other warranties, express or implied and Night Owl neither assumes no authorize any person to assume for it any other obligation or liabitlity in connection with the sale or service of the Product.
In no event shall Night Owl be liable for any special or consequential damages arising from the use of the Product or arising from the malfunctioning or nonfunctioning of the Product or for any delay in the performance of this warranty due to any cause beyond its control. This warranty shall not apply to installation or the removal and re-installation of products after repair.
Night Owl does not make any claims or warranties of any kind whatsover regarding the Product's potential, ability or effectivenes to prevent, minimize or in any way affect personal or property damage or injury. Night Owl is not responsible for any personal damage, loss or theft related to the Product or to its use for any harm, whether physical or mental related thereto. Any and all claims or statements, whether written or verbal, by salespeople, retailers, dealers or distributors to the contrary are not authorized by Night Owl and do not affect this provision of this warranty.
Returns Under This Warranty
In order to obtain service, please make sure that you have registered your product on-line no later than thirty (30) days after purhcase at www.NightOwlSP.com in the warranty registration section or in any other manner described in the instructions.
Certain uses, publication and/or distribution of video/audio recordings from security cameras and/or audio devices are prohibited or restricted by federal, state and local laws. When enabling and/or using audio recording features with your hidden security camera, be sure to comply with the lawas in your country, state and locality
Mac and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. Windows, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
FCC RADIATION NORM
This devices complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
FCC Compliance Statement
These limits are deisgned to provide reasonable protection against frequency interference in residential installation. This equipment genreates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy, and if not installed or used in accoredeance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communication. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in television reeption, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on. The user is encouraged to try and correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiver antenna.
- Increase the separation betweenthe equipment and the receiver
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit diffeent from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the delar or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
The Federal Communications Commission warns the user that changes or modifications to the unit not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
This equipment should be installed and operated with a minimum distance of 8 inches between the radiator and your body.