- NVR is not exporting playbacks to external storage
- External storage is not detected
- Exported video format not supported
Note: NVR recordings are saved in the Hard Drive of your NVR, so if you are having problems with the HHD you also will have problems with recordings.
- Please check the external storage is connected properly to the USB port located in the back of the DVR.
- If you’re using an external hard drive that needs power, please connect it.
- If you are unable to connect to the external storage, please try using the other USB port (the one where your mouse is connected). If it still doesn’t work, your USB ports aren’t working properly and the DVR needs to be replaced.
- Once connected to the external storage, if you are unable to export your video, your USB device is not formatted properly, (needs to be FAT32 or NTFS) *
- If you export your playback and you can’t open it later on your computer (video format not supported), or it’s played in fast forward, you’re probably having a codec issue. You will need to install another video player or a codec pack in your computer
For more information, please, visit External Storage Compatibility article.