- WNVR is beeping loud and constantly
- Hard drive is bad and noisy
Note: Noise and beeping origin may vary depending on what you are hearing. Beeps are usually related to firmware misconfiguration and other noises are more connected to hardware issues. We’ll talk about beeping first. If you’re experiencing a different kind of noise, please jump to those steps.
1. Disconnect your WNVR from power. With this, you’ll eliminate all noise and you’ll be ready to proceed with the next steps.
2. Turn on your WNVR and wait for the loading process. Now, please continue with the next step on the WNVR MENU.
-Right-click anywhere on the screen and the quick launch bar will appear at the bottom of the screen.
-Click on Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step).
-Main Menu will open on General Tab, on this screen select Video Alarm sub-tab.
-On Video Alarm sub-tab, un-check Audible Warning for each channel.
3. If the problem persists, you’re probably having a different kind of issue you’ll not be able to solve (e.g. HDD failure)
We recommend contact customer service.