- Downloading and installing the Night Owl X CMS
- Connect DVR to the Night Owl HD CMS
1. Download the Night Owl X CMS software.
2. Install and launch the Night Owl X CMS software.
3. Once you have launched the Night Owl X CMS software, you will have the option to create an account or to sign in with a pre-existing account. If you are creating a new account, click Create Account.
Note: If you have already created and confirmed your account via the Night Owl X or X HD application, you can log in using your email and password that was created during the setup of your account.
4. On the next screen you will be prompted to enter in your Email Address, Password, and Confirm Password.
5. After filling in all the values, click Create Account. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address that was entered for your account.
6. Please click Confirm Email in the confirmation email to complete the account setup.
7. After you have confirmed your email, click the Sign In button in the X CMS software.
8. After you have logged in successfully, click on the Device Manager Tab at the top of the screen.
9. If you can see a UID number and an IP address, this means that your device was recognized by the Local Network. Here you will enter the same credentials on the User Name and Password fields. These should be the same credentials used when during the DVR/NVR Setup Wizard.
10. After you have filled those values, click on the add button to add your devices to the Night Owl X CMS Software. Your system should now appear in the top right corner of the screen in a thumbnail image.
11. To start viewing your cameras, click on the Live View tab on the top left corner of the screen.
12. The next screen will have four black rectangles from which your cameras will display images. To enable the live view, click on the play button next to the system name you just added in the top right corner of your screen.
Congratulations! You have now finished the initial setup for the Night Owl X CMS Software on your computer.