- Downloading and installing the Night Owl HD CMS
- Connect DVR to the Night Owl HD CMS
1. Download the Night Owl HD CMS software.
2. Install and launch the Night Owl HD CMS software.
3. Follow the Startup Wizard to add a new device.
4. If the computer where the software is installed and the DVR/NVR are both on the same LAN Network, please click on Add Online Device
5. If the computer and the DVR/NVR are not on the same LAN Network, select Add Device and enter the requested information.
- Device Name: Enter your desired device name
- P2P ID/IP: Enter the P2P ID. You can find it on the silver label on the top of your DVR/NVR
- Media Port: Generally, 9000 but you can find it on the Network Setting on your DVR/NVR Main Menu
- User Name and Password: This information is the same you use to enter to your DVR/NVR Menu.
- Channels: This field is auto detected when you add the device.
6. Select the online device. If you have more than one device connected to the same network, please make sure you are adding the desired one. Click on Add Selected Device.
7. Enter the Device Name, Username, and Password of the device. If you are having a problem connecting the device, please make sure you are entering the correct Username and Password.
8. Once the DVR/NVR has been added, it will appear on the left window. Click on the Import All button to add the device and all connected channels. After this, the added device should appear on the right window. Click Next to finish the Startup Wizard.
9. To start viewing your cameras, locate the Control Panel tab on the top menu and select Main Menu.
10. Select the cameras you want to see by clicking on the respective channels.