- Power Supply Issues
- Power switch on the device is set to off or not working.
- Battery Backup not powering.
- Firmware does not boot up.
- No video output.
1. Please verify if the LED’s on the front of the DVR/NVR/ is turned on. Do you hear the humming of the HDD?
Note: The position and form of the LED’s on the cameras may vary depending on the DVR/NVR/ Product series. If the LED's are on, this could mean that the system is getting power but not necessarily that is booting up. If the LED’s are not blinking, this could mean that the system is not getting power. (Even when you don’t see the LED’s lighting up on the NVR if you are close enough to the device you could hear the humming of the HDD, what means is powered on)
2. If the LED’s on the NVR are turned ON but you are not able to see an image on your monitor, please, refer to this article, you may have an Output Video Issue. If they are turned OFF continue below.
3. Is there power on the outlet where you are connecting your DVR?
Note: try with another device such a lamp or charger to make sure the outlet has power or try a different good known power outlet.
4. Please verify if the power adapter is connected to a Surge Protector/Power Strip or Battery Backup. If yes, please connect the NVR’s power supply to the wall socket.
Note: This will help us identify if the issue is with the Surge Protector/Power strip or the Battery Backup.
5. If your device has a power switch on the back, is the power switch in the ON position?
Note: disconnect the AC power adapter, then reconnect the AC power adapter and turn the switch on
6. Is the AC power adapter/Cable defective or incorrectly connected? Is the power adapter/Cable that came in the box with the system the one being used?
Note: Make sure the power adapter/Cable being used is the one that came in the box with the system.
Verify that the power adapter/cable is correctly plugged into the system and a power outlet. Make sure you are using the correct Power Adapter/Cable by checking the Output specifications from the label of the power adapter, these values may vary by model (Check Table 1 for detailed information). Check for any physical damage to the System’s power supply, look for signs of melting and or burn smell in these wires. If the power adapter does not provide sufficient power for the system, it may prevent the system from powering up or detecting the hard drive. So, if there is an indication, from the troubleshooting above, that the power adapter may be defective, the power adapter needs to be replaced and a warranty claim process can be started.
Device Power Adapter Requirements
|IH8 Model||Power Adapter Specs|
Table. 1. Minimum Power requirements of the nondeprecated Night Owl Security Systems.
Note: Night Owl strongly recommends not using other power adapters than the one that came with the system.
7. Is your NVR still not lighting up the LED’s nor doing any humming noises nor showing any video after all the steps above are successfully passed?
Note: If you have reached this point without any fix, please Contact our Technical Support Team. Our agents will go over the troubleshooting steps and define that there are no other steps to follow, only after that, a warranty process might be started.