- After some event, any alarm is trigged
- Push Notifications are not received on the Mobile Device
- Email Notification Issue
One of the more important features that Night Owl systems have is that after some event you will be noticed by different alarms. Alarms can be of different types:
- Show Message: Enable an icon to be displayed in Live View when the selected Event Type is triggered
- Full Screen: The selected channel going to full screen when motion is detected
- Buzzer: An audible buzzer for a duration of time to alert you when some Event Type happens
- Email Notifications: Receive Email Notifications
- Push Notifications: Receive Push Notifications on your mobile device.
Show Message, Full Screen and Buzzer are local alarms that you only can see or hear on the NVR, and their functionality only depends on they should be enabled on the NVR. The Email and Push Notifications not only have to be enabled on the NVR, they need more configurations that have been explained on specifics documents for these kinds of notifications.
Note: The type of alarm you are going to receive depends on the type of NVR you have.
1. Make sure the alarms or notifications you want to be triggered after an event are enabled
1.1. For IH8 Series:
1.1.1. Enable alarms or receive notifications for Motion Detection event
• Go to NVR Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step)
• General Tab will appear by default, on this Tab select Alarms sub-tab
• On Alarms sub-tab, make sure the alarms or notifications (Show Message, Send Email, Full Screen or Push) you want to be triggered after an event, are enabled by clicking on a checkbox. You must review each channel individually.
• On the same screen, make sure Buzzer is not OFF if you want to have this alarm enabled.
1.1.2. Enable alarms or receive notifications for other NVR events
• Go to DVR Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step)
• On the main menu, go to Advanced Tab and click on Events sub-tab
• On Events sub-tab, make sure the alarms or notifications (Show Message or Send Email) you want to be triggered after an event, are enabled by clicking on a checkbox for the different event types. (Disk Full, Disk Error, and Video Loss)