QUICK SETUP GUIDE
|Model#- CAM-WNVR2P-IN||Model#- CAM-WNVR2P-OU|
Note: Whether you've purchased an indoor or outdoor camera, the setup is the same.
|Testing with a Smart Device||Status Light Key|
Night Owl gives you options! Your camera can be used as an add-on to an existing Night Owl Wireless NVR Kit or as a stand-alone camera that records to a microSD card.
Pairing to your existing Wireless NVR System
When used as an add-on to your existing Wireless NVR System, the camera can be viewed using your Night Owl X (for Smartphones) and/or Night Owl X HD (for tablets) application. Please follow the Option #1 setup instruction to add your camera.
Note: You must complete the add-on camera setup in the same room as the NVR.
Stand-alone Camera Pairing to your Router
To use as a stand-alone camera, please follow the Option #2 setup instructions. You will need to download and install the Night Owl Connect App to view and control the camera. A microSD card (not included) will be required to use the recording function.
Note: Camera will be in pairing mode when first powered on. If the camera is not in pairing mode please follow pairing instructions.
By default, the camera will be in pairing mode when it's first powered on. Pairing allows for the wireless transmission coming from the camera to be detected by the Wireless NVR.
To pair an add-on camera to your Night Owl Wireless NVR, please use the following steps:
Note: When pairing the camera to your NVR make sure you are int he same room as the NVR. ALWAYS test the camera locally before installing.
|1. Power on the add-on camera using the camera power adapter. You will hear the camera say, "Camera is in pairing mode" and the status light will flash quickly. If the camera is not in pairing mode please refer to the Quick Tips for pairing instructions.|
|2. With the NVR connected to a TV/Monitor, login, then right click on your mouse and navigate to the Main Menu using the options bar.|
5. Within the Wireless ADD screen, the "Number of Cameras Connected" signifies those cameras that are already paired to the Wireless NVR and will not immediately reflect this new camera.
Note: You cannot exceed the number of Wireless NVR channels you have. If you have a 4 channel system. the maximum number of cameras you can have paired is 4.
Don't have a Wireless NVR or want to use the camera on its own? No problem! To use as a Stand-Alone camera the following technical requirements must be met.
- WiFi 2.4 GHz Router compatible with 802.11 b/g/n.
- High Speed Internet Connection with a minimum of 2 Mbps upload speed.
- Option microSD Card needed to record (not included)
To use as a Stand-alone camera
- Be in the same room as the router during setup, if possible.
- Power on camera using the camera power adapter.
- Camera will be in pairing mode:
- Status light will flash quickly
- Camera will say "Camera is in pairing mode". Note: If the camera is not in pairing mode, please refer to the Quick Tips for pairing instructions.
- Know the name and password of WiFi network being used.
Note: If you don't know your WiFi password, please contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Night Owl will not be able to provide this information.
1. Download the Night Owl Connect Application from the "App Store" for iOS® devices or "Play Store" for AndroidTM devices.
2. Create an account using an email address for the username and a password between 6-20 characters. To confirm your email address, click the link in the confirmation email from No_Reply@NightOwlSP.com
Note: Check your spam/junk inbox.
To Pair Camera:
For CAM-WNVR2P-IN-- Insert the reset pin into the Sync/Reet hole and press until you hear the camera say, "Please be patient. Camera is resetting". Once the camera resets, you will hear "Camera is in pairing mode" and the Status light will flash quickly.
For CAM-WNVR2P-OU-- Press and hold the reset button until you hear the camera say "Please be patient. Camera is resetting". Once the camera resets, you will hear "Camera is in pairing mode" and the Status light will flash quickly.
Note: The Reset Button location depends on the camera version.
Using a microSD Card:
Recommend compatibility: Class 10, maximum space 128gb. If an SD card is used, video files will be stored on the SD card. microSD card is not included.
|Slide microSD card into the camera||Remove screws to open microSD card slot. Slide microSD card into SD card slot.|
1. Does my wireless NVR have to be connected to the internet to work?
No, your wireless NVR does not have to be connected to the internet to work. You can view live feed and recordings by connecting it to a TV/Monitor via HDMI or VGA.
2. Will I be able to view my system while away from home?
To view your wireless system remotely, your NVR will need to be manually connected to a modem/router via the included Ethernet cable. You can view your system via the FREE Night Owl X or Night Owl X HD apps or by utilizing the FREE Night Owl X CMS software on a PC/MAC.
3. How do the cameras transmit video the NVR?
Our wireless NVRs have built-in WiFi for communicating with the cameras. Each camera comes paired to the wireless NVR by default, so your initial setup should be hassle free.
Note: Add-on cameras will come in pairing mode and will need to be paired to the NVR.
4. Are my cameras weatherproof?
CAM-WNVR2P-OU cameras are weatherproof (not waterproof) and will endure minimal moisture and dirt/debris. However, Night Owl strongly recommends placing all outdoor cameras under an eave or awning to help shield them from overexposure to the elements, which could reduce your camera's lifespan. CAM-WNVR2P-IN cameras are for indoor use ONLY and are NOT to be used outdoors.