QUICK SETUP GUIDE
*Images may vary
Gateway Status Light Key
Channel LED Light is Solid -- Camera is paired to a channel
Channel LED Light is Flashing -- Camera is not paired to a channel
Wireless LED Light is Solid -- Gateway is connected to the Internet
Wireless LED Light is Flashing -- Gateway is not connected to internet
Camera Status Light Key
Quickly Flashing -- Pairing Mode (Default)
Slowly Flashing -- Camera is not connected to the Gateway or Wi-Fi network
Solid Light -- Camera is connected and functional
1. Plug one end of the included Ethernet cable into the Network port on the back of the Gateway.
2. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into a port on the back of your router.
3. Connect the Gateway power cord to the Power Input on the rear of the Gateway.
4. Plug the USB end of the Gateway power cord into the Gateway power supply. Plug the Gateway power supply into a surge protector or Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).
5. Relax for a moment as the Gateway initiates. Once the Gateway is connected to the internet and ready to be synced, move to step 6.
6. Power on each camera with its own power cord/supply.
Note: Allow up to 2 minutes for the cameras to initiate. This is the perfect time to download the app!
1. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store and install the application on your device.
2. Create a new account or login if you already have an existing account.
Proper placement of the Gateway ensures maximum coverage for your property.
- Place in central location
- Mount cameras within 300 Ft of the Gateway
- Keep it close to your Router, if possible
- Insert microSD card into the Gateway's SD Card slot. (May not be included)
- Open the app.
- Open the live view.
- Tap the settings icon.
- Tap "Format SD Card"
Camera(s) failed to pair to Gateway?
Sync to other Night Owl Devices
To sync the Gateway to a device, press and hold the sync button until the voice prompt says, "I am pairing to the Night Owl device, please be patient." If the synchronization fails, make sure the Night Owl device the Gateway is searching for is in pairing mode and try again.
Note: The Gateway and the Night Owl device MUST be on the same Network. Before pairing, we recommend that you put the Night Owl device within 9ft from the Gateway.
Resetting the Gateway
To reset the Gateway to the factory default settings, insert the reset pin into the reset hole for 10 seconds.