- How to check for a new Firmware
- How to upgrade Doorbells Firmware
- Always make sure that the firmware of the user's Doorbell is the latest one
- Utilize the Night Owl Connect app to verify the firmware version
- Check the Settings of your Doorbell within the App
- Check for Upgrade by pressing the Upgrade button
- Don't unplug the power to the Doorbell until the process finishes
- If the power to the Doorbell is disconnected before the firmware upgrade process is completed, this may cause the firmware in the Doorbell to break rendering the device unusable.
- The user needs internet connectivity on their mobile device to correctly determine if there is a new firmware available to download from the Night Owl servers.
- The Doorbell needs to have a connection to the user's Home Wi-Fi or the Night Owl Gateway to initiate and complete the download process. Depending on the connection quality, this process can take up to 15 minutes to complete.
- The Doorbells LEDs will be blue and white and spinning counter clockwise when the firmware upgrade is taking place.
- Once the upgrade process begins, the Doorbells connectivity will be lost within the app
- The Doorbell will play a voice prompt of "Please be patient as we upgrade your Doorbell's intelligence".
- If the process fails, the Doorbell voice prompt will say "Oops, doorbell firmware upgrade failed. Try again later" and the LEDs will blink white and blue for a few seconds.
- If this prompt is heard, please try upgrading the firmware via the app again.