- Unable to find the Doorbell Hotspot to connect too
- Unable to pair Doorbell to Night Owl Connect
- Cannot detect Hotspot near the Doorbell
- Ensure the Doorbell LEDs are white and rotating clockwise (this can be found around the Ringing Button).
- Ensure the Doorbell is properly powered with the Micro USB Port to the AC of your house electrical wiring.
- When pairing the Doorbell for the first time the user must be close to the doorbell, if the user Mobile Device is not close enough, the pairing process will time out.
- Ensure there is enough signal from the user's Wireless Router to connect with the Doorbell.
- If the user cannot see the desired Hotspot or Wi-Fi in the app, please take the doorbell closer to the wireless router.
If using an Android Device:
- Make sure that your mobile device “Location” feature is turned ON.
- Go back to the “Pairing the Doorbell” screen and you should be in “Pairing Mode” screen.
- Press “Continue” to go to “Pairing the Doorbell” again and wait up to a minute to see the Doorbell’s hotspot. This is used to refresh the search screen.
If using an iOS Device:
- The user needs to check for the Doorbell’s hotspot in its Wi-Fi Menu
- The name of the hotspot is “DOORBELL-XXXXXX”
- “XXXXXX” is the first digits of the device unique identifier.
- If the Doorbell’s Hotspot doesn’t appear even if the user is close to the Doorbell and the LEDs are white and spinning clockwise, please leave the menu and go in again or turn OFF/ON the Wi-Fi.
- If there are too many Wi-Fi hotspots near the user’s mobile device, the Doorbell’s hotspot may not appear and because of that, the Wi-Fi list needs to be refreshed.
If none of the above work:
- Turn OFF/ON the Doorbell by removing the power cord connected to the Micro USB Port or by turning OFF the AC power that is powering the Doorbell
- Either by removing the cables from the Doorbell’s back or by turning OFF the breaker that controls the current that goes to the Doorbell)
- Can also let the Doorbell's internal battery die and power it ON again
- Factory Reset the Doorbell by pressing SYNC/RESET button for 3 seconds or until you hear "Please be patient as Doorbell restores its Factory Settings".
- Wait until you hear "Doorbell is in pairing mode" and the LEDs are white and spinning clockwise. Once this occurs, try pairing the doorbell again.
If the issue persists, please contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance.