• Power Supply Issues
• No video from to camera to the App
1. Make sure the camera's power adapter is connected to the power outlet.
Verify if the camera is getting power by checking the status lights. For Wireless Indoor IP Cameras, the status light is blue and located on the back of the camera. For Wireless Outdoor IP Cameras the status light is green and located at the end of the power cable of the camera.
2. If you determine that the camera is Powered On, but you cannot see any image on your Night Owl Connect App, please, refer to this article: Wireless Standalone IP Cameras: Connection Issues. If the camera is turned OFF continue below.
3. Is there power on the outlet where you are connecting your camera?
Note: Try with another device such as a lamp or charger to make sure the outlet has power or try a different good known power outlet.
4. Please verify if the power adapter is connected to a Surge Protector/Power Strip or Battery Backup. If yes, please connect the cameras power supply to the wall socket.
Note: This will help us identify if the issue is with the Surge Protector/Power strip or the Battery Backup.
5. Is the AC power adapter defective or incorrectly connected? Is the power adapter that came in the box with the system the one being used?
Note: Make sure the power adapter being used is the one that came in the box with the system.
If you have more than one camera of the same model, please, swap the camera power adapters. It will help to determine if the problem is the camera power adapter.
Wireless IP Cameras Power Adapter Requirements
|Standalone Wireless IP Cameras||Power Adapter Specs|
|5V – DC, 1A|
|12V – DC, 1A|
Note: Night Owl strongly recommends not using other power adapters that did not come with the system.