The Night Owl Connect Mobile App allows for pairing your mobile device to a standalone IP Camera, Wireless Gateway, DVR/NVR and the Doorbell. Please follow the steps below for the type of device that you are wanting to pair.
NOTE: Please go to the Google Play Store for Android or AppStore for Apple Products to download the Night Owl Connect
Before you continue with the initial setup of your Night Owl Connect and Product Pairing. Ensure, that your Wi-Fi Router is transmitting signals at 2.4Ghz band.
Currently, some products are not compatible with Wi-Fi signals of 5Ghz or above.
Creating a new account
1. To begin select “Get Started”
3. In this section of the setup process, you will need to type a valid Email address, password and password confirmation that will be associated with your Night Owl Connect account. Select "Create Account" button
5. A window will appear displaying your Night Owl Connect account information. Please, select “OK” to confirm your account information.
6. Please confirm your email address. Sign into your Mailbox and locate the verification email. Please enter the code that is shown in your email into the Code field within the application.
NOTE: You will not be able to login to the app without confirming the Email Address. Please, resend the email in case you don’t receive it.
7. Congratulations! Your account was successfully created
8. From the app, enter the email and password you previously set up for Night Owl Connect App and select “Sign in”
Adding a Device:
1. Select the “+” sign
2. Select the device that you would like to add to Night Owl Connect App
Note: If you own a Gateway, we recommend adding the gateway to the Night Owl Connect App and then, add the cameras to the gateway to make the process easier.
To learn how to add a gateway, please, scroll down to 2.2 Gateway Section.
2.1 Adding a Standalone Camera - iOS
Select this option to add a Wireless IP standalone camera to the Night Owl Connect App and follow the next steps:
1. Select the correct answer for this question: Is the status light flashing quickly?
Note: For Indoor cameras, the status light is located on the back of the camera. For Outdoor cameras is located at the end of the power cable of the camera.
- If the answer is NO, the app goes to a screen where will show you how to reset the camera after select the appropriate model.
- If the answer is YES, the App goes to the next step
2. Leave the Night Owl Connect app and launch the iOS Device’s settings.
3. Select Wi-Fi and locate the network starting with “NOIP” on the list. Connect the device to the NOIP WI-FI Network.
4. After selecting the camera's Network, return to Night Owl Connect app to continue connecting the camera.
5. Once connected, please select your Wi-Fi Network and when prompted, enter your password and tap Next
6. Please be patient as the application completes setup with your standalone camera.
7. Once setup is complete, please name your camera within the application and tap Complete Setup at the bottom of the application to continue.
8. After setup is complete, your camera will be displayed on the main screen of the application. Tap the Play icon to access the live view of your standalone camera.
1. Tap the + sign above Add Device
2. Select Standalone Camera from the list of devices
3. When prompted, please select whether the Standalone camera will be connected to the Gateway or directly to your Home Wi-Fi.
NOTE: This example connects the Standalone Camera to Home Wi-Fi.
4. To continue, you must disable the Mobile Data in your Device's Settings Menu.
5. After disabling Mobile Dat, please ensure that the Standalone Camera is in pairing mode and select Yes, It Is Flashing to continue.
6. Once Yes, It Is Flashing is selected, the application will begin searching for the available Standalone Cameras to connect to. Please select your device from the list.
7. After selecting your camera, please connect to your Wi-Fi network to continue with the setup.
8. After selecting your Wi-Fi network, the application will start connecting to the Wi-Fi Network.
9. Once the connection is established, please name your camera and tap Complete Setup
10. Press the Play icon on the main screen to view your camera.
2.2 Adding a Gateway - iOS
Select this option to add a gateway to the Night Owl Connect App. The gateway allows you to add up to 4 Night Owl wireless devices with just pressing a button. To add a gateway to the app, please follow the next steps:
- Select Gateway from the Night Owl Connect App
2. Read the instruction carefully and select continue. Make sure that the mobile device with the app and the Gateway are on the same Network.
3. Wait for the App to add the Gateway. It shouldn't take long. please, be patient.
If you receive this notice, it means the App could not find the gateway. Please, select “View Setup Instructions Again” and Make sure that the mobile device with the app and the Gateway are on the same Network.
3. If the Adding process was successful, you will see this screen. Please, enter a name for your Gateway and select “Complete Setup”
4. The Main Screen of the App will appear. On the top section, you can see the Gateway named “Office” that we recently added.
6. To Add Night Owl wireless devices to the gateway, please, press the "+" within the gateway section.
Note: You can Add up to 4 wireless devices, swipe the screen to the right to see the channels 3 and 4 of the gateway.
7. Follow the instructions on the App for adding new wireless devices to the App. Once the Gateway has added the new devices, they should appear in the App’s main screen. (In the example, we have added 2 Standalone Wireless IP Cameras)
8. To Add another Device, press the "+" sign on the bottom section.
If you select the Gateway, please, repeat the process of the 2.2 Section. If you select the Standalone Camera, you will have the option to add it to the Home WIFI or the Gateway that was previously added.
2.3 Adding a Wireless Doorbell- iOS
Select this option to add the Wireless Doorbell to the Night Owl Connect Mobile App. The Wireless Doorbell can be added as a standalone product within the Night Owl Connect Mobile App or it can be paired with the Wireless Gateway.
1. Select Night Owl Doorbell from the Night Owl Connect App
2. Please ensure that the Doorbell is in Pairing mode before tapping Next. The white lights will spin clockwise indicating that the Doorbell is in pairing mode.
If the doorbell is not in pairing mode, Press and release button on the side of the Doorbell to initiate the pairing process. Press Next to continue
3. The next screen will play a video that shows how to complete the setup of your Doorbell. You can click next to continue.
4. Leave the Night Owl Connect app and launch the iOS Device’s settings.
5. Select Wi-Fi and locate the network starting with “DOORBELL” on the list. Connect the device to the Doorbell WI-FI Network.
5. Once connected to the Doorbell Wi-Fi Network, please return to the Night Owl Connect application to continue setup.
6. Please be patient as the application connects to your Doorbell.
7. If the setup is successful, you will see "Woohoo, Setup is Now Complete" and will have the opportunity to name the Doorbell. Once the Doorbell is named, press "Complete Setup".
8. After setup is complete, your Doorbell will be displayed on the main screen of the application. Tap the Play icon to access the live view of your standalone camera.
1. Select Night Owl Doorbell from the Night Owl Connect App
2. After selecting Doorbell, select whether you will be connecting the Doorbell via Home Wi-Fi or if you have a Gateway connected, you can connect it to that device as well.
3. Once you select how you would like to connect the Doorbell, you will be prompted to disconnect your mobile data to continue with the setup.
4. Please disable your mobile data from within your settings and then proceed back to the application.
5. Please ensure that your Doorbell is in pairing mode before pressing Next on the following screen within the application.
6. The application will begin scanning for any available Doorbells. Please select your Doorbell once it is shown in the application.
7. Once you have selected your Doorbell, select your Wi-Fi network, enter your Wi-Fi password and tap Connect to connect the Doorbell to the internet.
8. Please be patient as the app completes the setup.
9. Once setup is complete, please name your Doorbell and press Complete Setup to finalize the setup process.
10. After finalizing setup, your Doorbell will be shown on the apps main screen. Press the Play icon to begin live viewing your Doorbells camera.
2. The application will start searching for your connected DVR/NVR. Please locate the UID number on the support sticker of your DVR/NVR and confirm that it matches the UID displayed in the application. If the UID is not showing, please tap on Add Manually to scan the QR code on the support sticker of your DVR/NVR.
3. After adding your DVR/NVR to the application, please type in a name for your device and the admin password used to login to your DVR/NVR. Once this information is added, please tap Add to complete setup.