The Night Owl Connect Mobile App allows for pairing your mobile device to a standalone IP Camera, Wireless Gateway, and the Doorbell. Please follow the steps below for the type of device that you are wanting to pair.
NOTE: Please go to the Google Play Store for Android or AppStore for Apple Products to download the Night Owl Connect
Creating a new account
1. To begin select “Create account”
3. In this section of the setup process, you will need to type a valid Email address, password and password confirmation that will be associated with your Night Owl Connect account. Select "Create Account" button
5. A window will appear displaying your Night Owl Connect account information. Please, select “Confirm” to confirm your account information.
6. Please confirm your email address. Sign into your Mailbox and locate the verification email.
NOTE: You will not be able to login to the app without confirming the Email Address. Please, resend the email in case you don’t receive it.
7. Congratulations! Your account was successfully created
8. From the app, enter the email and password you previously set up for Night Owl Connect App and select “Sign in”
Adding a Device:
1. Select the “+” sign
2. Select the device that you would like to add to Night Owl Connect App
Note: If you own a Gateway, we recommend adding the gateway to the Night Owl Connect App and then, add the cameras to the gateway to make the process easier.
To learn how to add a gateway, please, scroll down to 2.2 Gateway Section.
2.1 Standalone Camera
Select this option to add a Wireless IP standalone camera to the Night Owl Connect App and follow the next steps:
1. Select the correct answer for this question: Is the status light flashing quickly?
Note: For Indoor cameras, the status light is located on the back of the camera. For Outdoor cameras is located at the end of the power cable of the camera.
- If the answer is NO, the app goes to a screen where will show you how to reset the camera after select the appropriate model.
- If the answer is YES, the App goes to the next step
2. The App starts scanning for a wireless camera to pair. It could take 1 minute, please be patient!
3. Once the App finds the camera, please, select it.
NOTE: Please, do this step near to the camera to make sure the App can find it. If the camera is not found it, please, restart the process from the beginning
4. Select the WIFI Network
For iOS Devices:
- Leave the Night Owl Connect app and launch the iOS Device’s settings.
- Select Wi-Fi and locate the network starting with “NOIP” on the list. Connect the device to the NOIP WI-FI Network.
- Return to Night Owl Connect. The App will list all available networks.
- Select a Wi-Fi Network and when prompted, enter your password.
For Android Devices:
- The application will scan for the nearest available Wi-Fi Signals.
- Select your local Wi-Fi Network. Tap "Next" to continue.
- When prompted, enter your Wi-Fi Password and select “Connect to my Wi-Fi”.
NOTE: You will hear the camera say “Please be Patient as camera connects to Wi-Fi”.
5. Name the camera and select “Complete Setup”
6. View your camera
- Select the camera you would like to see from the devices list by tapping on the play icon (Check the status “Online”)
Select this option to add a gateway to the Night Owl Connect App. The gateway allows you to add up to 4 Night Owl wireless devices with just pressing a button. To add a gateway to the app, please follow the next steps:
- Select Gateway from the Night Owl Connect App
2. Read the instruction carefully and select continue. Make sure that the mobile device with the app and the Gateway are on the same Network.
3. Wait for the App to add the Gateway. It shouldn't take long. please, be patient.
If you receive this notice, it means the App could find the gateway. Please, select “View Setup Instructions Again” and Make sure that the mobile device with the app and the Gateway are on the same Network.
3. If the Adding process was successful, you will see this screen. Please, enter a name for your Gateway and select “Complete Setup”
4. The Main Screen of the App will appear. On the top section, you can see the Gateway named “Office” that we recently added.
6. To Add Night Owl wireless devices to the gateway, please, press the "+" within the gateway section.
Note: You can Add up to 4 wireless devices, swipe the screen to the right to see the channels 3 and 4 of the gateway.
7. Follow the instructions on the App for adding new wireless devices to the App. Once the Gateway has added the new devices, they should appear in the App’s main screen. (In the example, we have added 2 Standalone Wireless IP Cameras)
8. To Add another Device, press the "+" sign on the bottom section.
If you select the Gateway, please, repeat the process of the 2.2 Section. If you select the Standalone Camera, you will have the option to add it to the Home WIFI or the Gateway that was previously added.
2.3 Wireless Doorbell
Select this option to add the Wireless Doorbell to the Night Owl Connect Mobile App. The Wireless Doorbell can be added as a standalone product within the Night Owl Connect Mobile App or it can be paired with the Wireless Gateway.
1. Select Night Owl Doorbell from the Night Owl Connect App
2. Disable Mobile Data to continue with the setup process. Press Done to continue.
3. Press and release button on the side of the Doorbell to initiate the pairing process. Press Next to continue
4. Complete installation of Doorbell to continue in the pairing process. Press Next to continue.
5. Night Owl Connect App will begin scanning for Doorbell. Select your Doorbell from the available list.
6. Once the Doorbell is selected, the Night Owl Connect App will look for available wireless networks to connect to. Select your Wi-Fi Network and press Next.
7. Wait for the application to complete setup after connecting to Wi-Fi network.
8. If the setup is successful, you will see "Woohoo, Setup is Now Complete" and will have the opportunity to name the Doorbell. Once the Doorbell is named, press "Complete Setup".
After completing setup, Doorbell thumbnail should display and provide option for live viewing.