- Not able to connect PTZ camera
- PTZ camera isn’t working properly
A pan–tilt–zoom camera (PTZ camera) is a camera that is capable of remote directional and zoom control. Among our DVRs, we have some are compatible with that kind of camera: AHD, HDA and XHD Series.
Note: Night Owl PTZ cameras are controlled using the RS485 port.
- First, we need to explain how to connect your PTZ camera to your DVR. In the back panel of your DVR, you can find many different ports. Let’s check them:
PTZ connector (RS485)
The PTZ Compatible port is used to connect PTZ camera control connector (or cables directly). You need to connect PTZ and Video cables on their ports and you’ll have total control over your PTZ camera.
- After connecting your camera, please power on your DVR.
- Right-click anywhere on the screen and the quick launch bar will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on PTZ button to open PTZ Control screen. You need to be sure you are selecting the channel with the PTZ camera connected. (We suggest to use always the Channel 1)