- Receiving too many alarms or notifications while using PIR systems
- PIR Camera Orientation
- PIR Systems is recording unimportant events
- PIR Detection is not working properly
Night Owl’s Smart Detection uses dual sensors to eliminate the number of false alarms you receive by up to 90%. The PIR detection helps to eliminate the detection when false positives are presents. E.g. a bug flies in front of the camera, a cobweb appears, the wind strongly blows or heavy rain looms.
It's recommended to use the PIR Technology, for the most accurate detection from your system.
1. Make sure your system has PIR Detection Technology (System Specs). If you want to get PIR cameras for your system, please ensure the cameras are compatible with your DVR/ NVR. Click the link to check your Night Owl Camera Compatibility
2. Make sure the PIR Detection feature on your system is Enabled.
For AHD/HDA/WNVR Series:
- Go to DVR/WNVR Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step).
- General tab will appear by default, on this tab select Alarms (Video Alarm) sub-tab.
- Enable PIR detection for each channel (camera), or just on the camera, you are having the issue. Save your changes.
For XHD Series:
- Go to DVR Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step).
- Select Camera tab and once there, select Motion sub-tab.
- Check PIR check match for each channel (camera), or just on the camera, you are having the issue. Save your changes.
3. Check the PIR Camera position and orientation
- Avoid mounting the camera near or directly pointing at a heat source like outside lamps or Air Conditioning Machines. These areas can radiate direct hear over the PIR sensor causing abnormal behavior.
- Avoid mounting the camera pointing to the sun or sunlight reflected from bright surfaces like mirror windows.