- App crashes while it is being used
- App freezes
- Please, make sure you are using the correct app for your DVR/NVR. (See Mobile App Compatibility)
- Make sure your Night Owl Mobile App and mobile device software are both up to date. Also, ensure your mobile device meets the minimums requirements.
- The coverage in your area must support 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE.
- Your device must support 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE. Visit the Tech Specs for your device.
- Your device must have the latest version of the App (Make sure you have enough free space to keep the app up to date)
- The SIM card must be inserted properly in your device.
- Ensure that your Mobile device is up to date
- Android Version 4.0 or Later
- IOS Version 8.0 or later
Many IOS /Android updates will fix most data related issues.
- Make sure your DVR/NVR and your mobile device are both properly connected to an Internet Network that meets the minimums requirements.
If you are not sure if your DVR/NVR is properly connected to the Internet or you don’t know how to check it, please, select your DVR/NVR and follow the link
Note: In order to remote connect to the DVR/NVR using your smartphone or CMS, your network speed must accomplish some minimum requirements. Please, follow the next steps:
1. Use a computer with PC /MAC OS
2. Open a Website Browser and type www.speedtest.net
3. Right-click on Begin Test
4. See the download/upload speeds
NOTE: We recommend minimum 2 Mbps upload speed for your DVR/NVR. Consider that your Internet Connection is shared between all the devices you have in your home. So, you will need more than 2 Mbps of upload speed to have your device properly connected.
Note: Please, note any error message from your App if the software still crashes after completing all the troubleshooting steps. If it’s possible, take a screenshot of the error message.
Gather all relevant data and submit it to our Technical Support Team to research your crash report.