- Connection failure
- Connection Degradation
- Slow video while playing back recordings
- Video Freezes while loading
- Connection Requirements
Connection Failure or Degradation
- Please make sure you are using the correct app for your DVR/NVR. (See Mobile App Compatibility Chart)
- Make sure your DVR/NVR and your mobile device are both properly connected to the Internet.
Note: Please make sure your phone is connected to the same local network (router) as the DVR.
If you are not sure if your DVR/NVR is properly connected to the Internet or you don’t know how to check it, please select your DVR/NVR and follow the link
- Please, make sure that your mobile device meets the minimum requirement for Remote Viewing in your application.
- The coverage in your area must support 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE.
- Your device must support 3G, 4G, or 4G LTE. Visit the Technical Specs for your device.
- Your device must have the latest version of the App (Make sure you have enough free space to keep the app up to date)
- The SIM card must be inserted properly in your device.
- Ensure that your Mobile device is up to date
- Android Version 4.0 or Later
- IOS Version 8.0 or later
Many IOS /Android updates will fix most data related issues.
- Restart the device and App.
- Remove and re-insert the battery. If the device doesn't have a removable battery, press and hold the power button and volume down button for up to 15 seconds until the device resets. If you're unsure whether your device has a removable battery, check out your device on the Devices webpage.
- Turn the device back on and open the Night Owl Application compatible with your system and check if the issue still happens.
- Uninstall and re-install the Night Owl HD App and check if the issue still happens
- Please know that uninstalling and re-installing the application may remove any saved recordings within the application.
Tips: Situations where signal strength can be affected while trying to remote view your cameras from your mobile device.
- Poor coverage due to building materials or destructive interference.
- Free apps and free games are filled with advertisements that eat your bandwidth / Data traffic and can contribute to poor coverage hence poor streaming to your mobile device.
- Your Mobile Carrier / Network Service Provider does not have coverage in the area where you want to connect to the DVR/NVR.
- Make sure the network where the DVR/NVR is connected meets the minimum requirements. Please, follow the next steps:
1. Use a computer with PC /MAC OS
2. Open a Website Browser and type www.speedtest.net
- Right-clicking on Begin Test
- See the download/upload speeds
NOTE: We recommend minimum 2 Mbps upload speed for your DVR/NVR. Consider that your Internet Connection is shared between all the devices you have in your home. So, you will need more than 3 Mbps of upload speed to have your device properly connected.