- System is not recording
- Playbacks cannot be found
- HDD not detected
- HDD not formatted
- HDD overwrite configuration
- WNVR Noise
Note: WNVR recordings are saved in the Hard Drive of your NVR, so if you are having problems with the HHD you also will have problems with recordings.
1. Pre-Installed HDD
Verify in your system specs if your WNVR has a pre-installed Hard Drive. Some models are sold with no Hard Drive installed and customers must install it. For help installing the HDD, click on the link Installing or Upgrading the HDD
2. Check HDD Status
Note: A loud grinding sound coming from inside of your WNVR can be a symptom that the HDD on your WNVR is bad.
To check this, please, follow the next steps:
2.1 For WNVR Series
• Right-click anywhere on the screen and the quick launch bar will appear at the bottom of the screen.
• Click on Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step)
• Go to Hard Drive Tab
• On this screen you will be able to see:
If Hard Drive has been detected (Should appear on the list)
Hard Drive Status (Should be in status Formatted)
Hard Drive Used/Total Capacity
• If the Hard Drive is not detected, please make sure you are using the provided WNVR Power Adapter. Also, for testing purpose only, use the camera Power Adapter to power the WNVR and check if the HDD is detected. If so, you should contact our Technical Support Team since the WNVR’s Power Adapter is not working properly. If after all these tests, the HDD is still not detected, you should contact our Technical Support Team since the HDD on your WNVR is not working properly.
• If the HDD status is not displayed as “Formatted”, please try to format it by selecting the Hard Drive in the device list and clicking on Format button.
Note: Please, consider that by formatting your HDD, all the recordings will be erased and cannot be retrieved.
• If after formatting, the HDD Status is not “OK” (Unformatted or Bad) you should contact our Technical Support Team since the HDD on your WNVR is not working properly.
Also, on this screen (right top) you need to check if Overwrite option is selected (default option), so even when your Hard Drive is full, your DVR keeps recording by deleting oldest records. In “Auto delete old files” section (left bottom) you can customize how many days ago you want your WNVR to overwrite the old recordings.