- WNVR is not detecting motion.
- WNVR motion detection sensibility setup
- WNVR motion detection area setup
If your system is having problems detecting motion, it is most likely a configuration issue. Some DVR/NVRs have the option to disable the motion detection for specific channels. Also, the motion detection sensibility and motion detection area can affect the motion detection feature in your DVR/NVR and the record of this motion event.
Note: By default, the DVR/NVR are setup to detect motion with the highest sensitivity in the field of view the camera has. If one of these parameters is changed, you may experiment a motion detection problem
1. Make sure you are having a motion detection problem. See if, after a motion event, the motion icon is activated on the channel screen.
2. If so, please check the motion detection sensitivity and detection area setup. If the motion detection sensitivity is too slow, or some areas of the camera’s field of view have been deactivated to detect motion, the NVR can miss some motion event that you would like to detect and record. To check these two parameters, please, follow the steps:
2.1 For WNVR201 Series
• Right-click anywhere on the screen and the quick launch bar will appear at the bottom of the screen.
• Click on Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step)
• General Tab will appear, select Video Alarm
• On this screen, you will be able to set up the Motion Sensibility and Motion Detection Area.
o Motion Sensitivity: Adjusts the sensitivity of the motion sensor for the camera selected. A lower setting will require more movement in the camera range to begin recording. (High by default)
o Area Setup: Area Setup will allow you to configure the motion detection area. Blue boxes denote areas that will detect motion whereas uncolored boxes denote areas that will not detect motion. When finished, right-click return to the menu.