- Power Supply Issues
- Power switch on the device is set to off or not working.
- Firmware does not boot up.
- No video output.
1. Please verify if the LED’s on the front of the WNVR/Battery Backup is turned on? Do you hear the humming of the HDD?
Note: The existence, position, and form of the LED’s may vary depending on the WNVR/Battery Backup series. If the LED's are on, this could mean that the system is getting power but not necessarily that is booting up. If the LED’s are not blinking, this could mean that the system is not getting power. (Even when you don’t see the LED’s lighting up on the WNVR if you are close enough to the device you could hear the humming of the HDD, which means it is powered on.)
2. If the LED’s on the WNVR are turned ON but you cannot see any image on your monitor, please refer to this article Output Video Issue If they are turned OFF continue below.
3. Is there power on the outlet where you are connecting your WNVR?
Note: Try with another device such as a lamp or charger to make sure the outlet has power or try a different, functioning power outlet.
4. Please verify if the power adapter is connected to a Surge Protector/Power Strip or Battery Backup. If yes, please connect the WNVR’s power supply to the wall socket.
Note: This will help us identify if the issue is with the Surge Protector/Power strip or the Battery Backup.
5. If your device has a power switch on the back, is the power switch in the ON position?
Note: disconnect the AC power adapter, then reconnect the AC power adapter and turn the switch on
6. Is the AC power adapter defective or incorrectly connected? Is the power adapter that came in the box with the system the one being used?
Note: Make sure the power adapter being used is the one that came in the box with the system. Powering a good known camera with the Camera AC Power adapter and powering the WNVR with its power supply. Verify that the power adapter cable is correctly plugged into the system and a power outlet. Make sure you are using the correct Power Adapter by checking the Output specifications from the label of the power adaptor. These values may vary by model. Check Table 1 for detailed information. Check for any physical damage to the System’s power supply and Camera’s Power supply. Look for signs of melting and or burn smell in these wires. If the power adapter does not provide sufficient power for the system, it may prevent the system from powering up or detecting the hard drive. So, if there is an indication from the troubleshooting above that the power adapter may be defective, the power adapter needs to be replaced and a warranty claim process can be started.
Device Power Adapter Requirements
|DVR/NVR Series||Power Adapter Specs|
|WNVR-20||12V – DC, 2A|
Table. 1. Minimum Power requirements of the nondeprecated Night Owl Security Systems.
Note: Night Owl strongly recommends not using power adapters that did not come with the system.
7. Is your WNVR still not lighting up the LED’s, doing any humming noises or showing any video after completing all of the troubleshooting steps above?
Note: In case the user gets to this point, the user needs to call our Technical Support Team. After the agent verifies that the troubleshooting steps have been completed properly and there are no additional steps to follow, the warranty claim process can be started.