- DVR is beeping loud and constantly
- DVR fan is making some noise
- Hard drive is not working and is noisy
Note: Noise and beeping origin may vary depending on what you are hearing. Beeps are usually related to firmware misconfiguration and other noises are more connected to hardware issues. We will talk about beeping first. If you’re experiencing a different kind of noise, please jump those steps.
1. Disconnect your DVR from power. With this, you’ll eliminate all noise and you’ll be ready to proceed with the next steps. If you’re experiencing a loud beeping, please continue to step 2. If it’s a different kind of noise, please go to the last step.
2. Once the DVR is disconnected, please unplug all connected cameras on the back of the DVR. We recommend this because buzzer alarms could be active, and motion sensor in one of the cameras could be activating it.
3. Turn on your DVR and wait for the loading process. Now, please continue with the next steps.
4. For HDA30 Series:
4.1. Go to DVR Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step).
4.2. General Tab will appear by default, on this Tab select Alarms sub-tab.
4.3. On Alarms sub-tab, make sure buzzer is OFF (on the drop-down menu located on the top right). You must review each channel individually.
4.4. Save changes and go to step 8.
5. Connect all the cameras you unplugged before and check if they are all working.
6. If the problem persists, you’re probably having a different kind of issue you’ll not be able to solve (e.g. HDD or FAN failure). We recommend contacting our Technical Support Team for further assistance.