- DVR is not detecting motion.
- DVR motion detection sensitivity setup
- DVR motion detection area setup
If your system is having problems detecting motion, is most likely that it’s a configuration problem. Some DVRs have the option to disable the motion detection for specifics channels. Also, the motion detection sensibility and motion detection area can affect the motion detection feature in your DVR/NVR and the record of this motion event.
Note: By default, the DVR is set up to detect motion with the highest sensitivity in all the areas the camera can view. If one of these parameters is changed, you may experiment a motion detection problem.
1. Make sure you are having a motion detection problem. After a motion event occurs, check that the motion icon is activated on the channel screen.
2. If so, please check the motion detection sensibility and detection area setup. If the motion detection sensitivity is too slow, or some areas of the camera’s field of view have been deactivated to detect motion, the DVR can miss some motion event that you would like to detect and record. To check these two parameters, please follow the steps:
2.1. For HDA30 Series DVR:
• Go to DVR Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step)
• Click on Alarm sub-tab
• On this screen, you will be able to set up the Motion Sensitivity and Motion Detection Area.
o Locate Sensitivity section to adjust the sensitivity of the motion sensor. A lower setting will require more movement in the camera’s field of view for a recording to be triggered (It’s 7 by default).
o Locate Motion Area: Selecting Setup will allow you to configure which areas in the cameras field of view will and will not detect motion. Red boxes denote areas that will detect motion and uncolored boxes denote areas that will not. When finished, right-click to return to the menu.