- System is not recording
- Playbacks cannot be found
- HDD not detected
- HDD not formatted
- HDD overwrite configuration
- DVR Noise
Note: DVR recordings are saved in the Hard Drive of your DVR, so if you are having problems with the HHD you also will have problems with recordings.
1. Pre-Installed HDD
Verify in your system specs if your DVR has a pre-installed Hard Drive. Some models are sold with no Hard Drive installed and customers must install it. If you need to install the HDD please, visit this link for help Installing or Upgrading the HDD
2. Check HDD Status
Note: A loud grinding sound coming from inside of your DVR can be a symptom that the HDD on your DVR is bad.
To check this, please, follow the next steps:
• Go to DVR Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step)
• Click on Device Tab
• On this screen you will be able to see:
If Hard Drive has been detected (Should appears on the list)
Hard Drive Status (Should be on status Ok)
Hard Drive Free/Total Capacity
• If Hard Drive is not detected, please, make sure you are using the provided DVR Power Adapter. Also, for testing purpose only, use the camera Power Adapter to power the DVR and check if the HDD is detected, if so you should contact our Customer Support since the DVR’s Power Adapter is not working properly. If after these steps, the HDD is still not detected, you should contact our Technical Support Team, since the HDD on your DVR is not working properly.
• If the HDD status is different to “OK”, please try to format it by selecting the Hard Drive in the device list and clicking on Format HDD.
Note: Please, consider that by formatting your HDD, all the recordings will be erased and cannot be retrieved.
• If after formatting the HDD the status still not "OK" (Unformatted or Bad), you should contact our Technical Support Team, since the HDD on your DVR is not working properly.
Also, on this screen (left bottom) you need to check if Overwrite option is on “Auto” (default option), so even when your Hard Drive is full, your DVR keeps recording by deleting oldest records. You can choose OFF this option (Note: If this option is OFF, the DVR will stop recording when the HDD is full) or select how many days ago you want your DVR to overwrite the old recordings.