- You need to be connected to your DVR from different locations
- Need to create a DDNS account
- DVR can’t connect to your DDNS account
If you need to be connected to your DVR from different locations, you need to configure a free DDNS account. First, you’ll need to create your account online, entering all the information on our webpage. Later you’ll be able to connect to your DDNS account on your DVR.
- Check first your internet connection. Be sure your DVR is connected to your router. (See HDA30 Series: Network Connection Issues documentation for more information).
- If you already configure your DDNS account, and you’re having troubles trying to connect your DVR to DDNS server, please continue with step 3.
2.1.To begin with the configuration, you need to open your browser and go to http://www.nightowldvr.com. (See DDNS Registration for more information).
2.2.Once there, click the Registration button located at the top left corner.
2.3.Complete the New User Registration form.
2.4.Create a domain name. If the domain name that you have chosen is available, you will see a window that tells you that your domain was successfully created. (If the domain name is taken, try again until you find an available name).
- To add your domain name to your DVR, follow these steps:
3.1.Right-click anywhere on the screen and the quick launch bar will appear at the bottom (or center) of the screen.
3.2.Click on Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step).
3.3.Main Menu will open in General Tab. On this screen select Network and later DDNS
3.4.Fill all the information required (server, domain, username, and password). DDNS should be Enable. Test DDNS to check your service is working. The save it.
If DDNS is still not working, you may have a port forwarding issue. Port forwarding is a method of making a computer on your network accessible to computers on the Internet, even though you are behind a router. This DDNS miscommunication may be caused by the port forwarding configuration on your router or by your ISP. To help you solve the issue on your router you can check the Port Forwarding FAQ and Basics of Port Forwarding on A Router For Security DVRs. But once checked that, if you still can’t connect to your DDNS service, please contact your ISP.