- DVR is beeping loud and constantly
- DVR fan is making some noise
- Hard drive is bad and noisy
Note: There are many reasons for noise and beeping and depending on what you are hearing, most of the beeping noises are usually related to the internal operation errors or alarms, other noises rather than beeping will be more associated to hardware issues. We’ll talk about beeping first. If you’re experiencing a different kind of noise, please skip these steps.
1. Unplug your DVR from the power outlet, doing so will eliminate the noise and you’ll be ready to proceed with the next steps. If you’re experiencing a loud beeping, please continue to step 2. If it’s a different kind of noise, please go to the last step.
2. Once you have unplugged the DVR form the power outlet, please, unplug all cameras “yellow” connectors (behind your DVR). We recommend this step because the buzzer alarm could be enabled, and motion sensor in one of the cameras could be triggering the buzzer.
3. Turn on your DVR and wait for the loading process. Next, please continue with the next steps.
4. For AHD10 Series products:
4.1. Go to DVR Main Menu (You may need to log in after this step).
4.2. The general Tab will be selected by default, on this Tab select "Alarms" sub-tab at the bottom left side of the main screen.
4.3. On Alarms sub-tab, make sure that the dropdown selection for buzzer is OFF (on the drop-down menu located on the top right). You must review each channel individually. Left Click the mouse button on the save/apply button to save changes and go to step 5.
5. Reconnect all the cameras and check if they are all working.
6. If the problem persists, you’re probably having a different kind of issue you will not be able to solve, e.g. due to internal components failure.
We recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team.