- DVR is not exporting playbacks to external storage
- External storage is not detected
- Exported video format not supported
Note: DVR recordings are saved in the Hard Drive of your DVR, so if you are having problems with the HHD you also will have problems with recordings.
- Please check the external storage is connected properly to the USB port located in the back of the DVR.
- If you’re using an external hard drive that needs power, please connect it.
- If you still can’t connect external storage, please try with the other USB port (the one where your mouse is connected). If it still not working, your USB ports are not working properly. DVR needs to be replaced.
- Once connected the external storage, if you are not able to export your video, your USB device has the wrong format (needs to be FAT32 or NTFS)
- If you export your playback and you can’t open it later on your computer (video format not supported), or it’s played in fast forward you’re probably having a codec issue. You’ll need to install another video player or a codec pack in your computer.
For more information about external storage compatibility, please, visit this link